Monday, November 18, 2013

What a weekend!

Wow!  What a weekend!  I'm just glad I lived through it.

Friday night after working all day, the big girls and I decided to go get fro-yo, Mads favorite food, and take in "Babes in Arms" at the Lamar High School.  May I just say that they really did a fine job.  Anna Long as "Susie" was fantastic and yes, I might be biased because I know her but she was still good.

Then Saturday I ran all day.  And I mean ALL day!  First, to Madeline's baseball practice and while she did that Sadie and I ran down to the school for the arts and crafts fair then back to the practice field where we made our grocery list while waiting for Mads to finish.  Then, off to see a friend in the hospital, she was in good spirits so that was nice.  Then back up close to home for groceries which took FOREVER because I hadn't been in a while.  Then home long enough to unload the car and then back down to a friend's house who gave us a lovely couch and ottoman.  Then, back home to unload it but even before I could help Conrad do that Mads asked to go to the mall with some friends.  So, off I go down to the mall.  On the way back, I stopped to get everyone some food, got home, ate and then back down to the mall to pick up Mads.  By the time I got home, I was pooped!

Sunday, church then a birthday brunch for a friend then a little jaunt through the woods and up a hill for a picnic with the family.  I've never hurt so bad after a walk in my life.  Granted, I didn't have on proper footwear, I was wearing sandles but still, am I that old?

We took the puppy dogs with us.  We asked the cats if they wanted to go but they just looked at us like we'd grown a new head.  The dogs ran and romped.  They were some tired babies when we got home.

Conrad then made cowboy stew.  A specialty of his.  We might, in fact, have it again tonight. 

Oh, then today I got some really good news.  A friend of mine found out she does NOT have cancer!  It's a time to celebrate for sure.  So, when you're saying your prayers tonight, give an extra shout out of thanks for my friend.  We are all so happy for her!



No comments: