Monday, December 15, 2008

Ziplocs, who knew you could use them for this?

This post has no pictures but this blog was made for (true) stories like this.

I was walking down the hall at school today and a 3rd grader tells me a boy is throwing up in the bathroom. I asked him "Is he really puking?" and made a retched puking sound (because 3rd grade boys are impressed with bodily function noises) and he said "yes" and I thought to myself "well, I'll be seeing him in a bit". So a little time goes by and here comes we'll call him "frequent office visitor #12"- or FOV12 for short.

I look at him out in the hall and he holds up (and no, I'm not making this up) a large ziploc with...yes, you guessed it...what can only be called the remains of whatever he ate. I said "I know you did NOT puke in that bag to show me". He just stood there. I told him to go throw it away, and he actually told me "I have to keep it so I can throw up in it again". I told him that there are toilets and trash cans all over the school and that those were proper receptacles for such an activity, ziploc bags were NOT.

Frankly, it was very hard to keep a straight face through this whole ordeal. Never in my life would I have thought I would see such a sight. When he left the office to, I hope, to rid himself of the evidence. Jackie and I laughed and laughed. I nearly wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

I hope you enjoyed my little tale. I have witnesses that can attest that it's true. They'll laugh when you ask them about it but they'll vouch for me.

I hope where you are it's warmer and less precipitation coming down.

2 comments:

awwood2 said...

Only a teacher/school worker could appreciate your story! Like the time a young lady came dashing in from the hallway at lunch, stopped in the middle of my classroom, and threw up chunky hot dogs all over the floor. I asked her why she ran into my classroom to do that. She said, "I didn't want anyone in the hall to see me puke." Go figure!

Unknown said...

Now that's just gross...