Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"P"

My bloggy friend and keeper of my precious child, Elaine, has given me a letter and I am supposed to tell my 10 favorite things that start with this letter. My letter is "P".




Hmmmm, "P". Letter "P", how do I love thee, let me count the ways...



Top 10 things that start with "P" that I like/love/enjoy...




1. My sister Pamela. She is the smartest person I know about alot of things. I am so proud of her. She's a great sister, a great Aunt (as in a wonderful one, not as in my children have children, therefore she is a great Aunt) a terrific daughter (at least that's what I hear) and a great friend. I love spending time with her and hope that we can take more trips together like we did this summer. If I could go on the Amazing Race and couldn't take Conrad, she'd be my next choice, hands down.
2. My "pistol-packing" Mumsey (I hope adjectives count!) What a woman! Now, I have to say that in this little tiny picture, I just glanced at it and she looks just like my Nonnie in it. I'm sure if you open it up big, she looks like her but I'm really OK with her looking like my Nonnie. My children love her like I loved my Nonnie and I know that is only one of the ways that she would measure success but even if it were the only one, she excels, with no question. She's got a Doctorate (I have a copy of her dissertation if you'd like some enlightening reading), two great daughters, two great sons-in-law, 5 wonderful grand-children, numerous grand cats and dogs and even a great-grand-dog. She is the kindest, most giving, non-cooking, loving, musically "p"roficient mother and I count myself lucky to have her.





And this picture would include my next entry...





3. Parties. I love going to them, throwing them making food for them. I get that from my Auntie "B", I'm sure. She's a party-puttin' on woman. She and I share a love of corn-dip, sauce piquante (I hope I spelled that right) and spinach dip among other yummy party foods. She and Pamela were the brains behind my Mumsey's birthday party and they did a fantabulous job.







4. People...namely my family. I've got the greatest husband, two fantastic sons and 3 beautiful girls. Who could ask for more (besides that lady with the 18 kids...no thank you!)?













5. Pretty pictures. One of the reasons I started this blog was to keep family and friends up-to-date with life in the Wangler family, complete with pictures. I really like this one, even though I didn't take it.

6. Plays. As in Broadway. Loved "Wicked". Would love to see it again on the real "Broadway". Along with "Mama Mia". Cats is closed so no Broadway on that one but I'd pretty much go see anything on Broadway. I love plays/musicals.


7. Pussycats. Especially Puss-in-Boots and Rosie. Rosie sleeps in the crook of my knees and I am most soundly sleeping when he is. Love my kitties.






8. Pillsbury products. Especially the cookie doughs and carmel rolls. However, the carmel rolls are becoming harder to find. I hope that's not a "p"ortent of things to come.



9. Pens. Yeah, I am somewhat of a pen-a-holic. Love to try new pens and these are two of my all-time favs. Both are made by "p"apermate (for real). The first are called "Liquid Expresso" medium point (of course). They're kind of expensive (OK, really expensive if you consider the pen world) so I don't actually have any right now. Haven't for a while but my sister (Pamela) has some and I covet them - yeah, I'm a sinner-I admit it, let's get on with life.


And then, of course, the traditional "p"apermate felt-tip (or "p"orous-tipped as they are called these days) pens - in all colors. The wilder the color the better, as far as I'm concerned. And, again, you have to do medium point. I find I'm a medium point person as opposed to a fine point. Gives me the heebie geebies, those fine-points do.



10. Puzzles. My favorites are sudoku and you know those Dell puzzle books you get at the grocery or drug store? I love those. I have several sudoku puzzles on my Iphone as well as other puzzles to do on there.
Which brings me to a bonus "p". My "p"hone. As in my Iphone. I have my calendar on there, my games, my phone numbers, my pictures, my music, everything. I would be very sad, indeed, if something were to happen to it.
So, my friends, those are my 10 (plus a bonus) favorite things that start with "P". I hope you enjoyed it.











No comments: