Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year, 2009!

New Year's Eve we spent in our usual way. Sitting in Lisa and Phil's driveway, with the chiminea, enjoying each other's company and having some adult beverages while the children ride scooters and, in general, keep us up since all we want to do is go to sleep.

This year, we roasted marshmallows and here's Anna roasting hers. It's pretty much the only good shot, I'm guessing adult beverages and picture taking don't mix. OK, it wasn't the adult beverages, I just wasn't thinking about taking pictures so when I did it was just general shots and nothing to write home (or blog) about.

But, we had a great time and rang in the new year with all the hoopla and revelry we could muster, which was pretty good considering how only 3 or 4 hours before we all wanted to go in and go to bed. Then we ended upstaying up past 1 getting everything in and saying our good-byes. I love our neighborhood traditions.

So now, because of my staying up late and having adult beverages, I went to bed extremely early and woke up at 1:30 and can't go back to sleep so I'm doing laundry, updating the blog and having a bowl of Frosted Flakes. Yummy.

Tomorrow should be an exciting day around here, but I will put it in pictures here for you tomorrow, assuming the house is still standing. You'll understand what I mean when you see what goes on.

No comments: