Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween!

Anna was a ladybug for Halloween, enjoy these pictures. There were so many cute ones I just decided to put them all on here.




All the girls, dressed and ready to go trick-or-treating. Madeline opted for no make-up this time.
Madeline almost didn't get to go trick-or-treating tonight. For the last day or two she has been looking for two books, one was a library book, the other on loan from a teacher, that she had in her hand the night before she was looking for them. In other words, she had the books, she went to bed, the next day she couldn't find them. So for days we've been searching for these books. Today, she had a paper due (one page copied paper that had questions she had to answer from a whole other book) and couldn't find that. I was FED UP! So this morning when we got in the van, I told her that when we got home she would look for those books until she found them or she would not be able to go trick-or-treating tonight. As soon as it was out of my mouth I was sorry I said it. What pressure - for both of us!
We got home a little before 4pm and she found them at 6:15 - with her Daddy's help. Whew! I didn't want her missing the biggest night for kids but I had to stick to my guns or neither girl would ever take a threat seriously again. Thank goodness she found those books.
We had some friends come over to trick-or-treat with us. Cassie and Tori with their kids, Caitlin and Decklan (hope I spelled that name right!). Very cute costumes on all. Decklan was a mummy and Caitlin was a flower pot. Cassie made the costumes, how creative!
This is the whole gang that went.
Cassie and Tori were costumed as well as "Ghostbusters"!
Their packs even lit up! Man, they are really good!
Anna checking out her loot.

This is Anna trying yet another tasty morsel. She would unwrap something lick it or stick it in her mouth for a second then "feed it to the birds", which is what we do when we drop food on the ground or I find food on the floor of the van. Birds love us. She went through alot of candy but I bet she didn't have but about 20 calories from it, all told.
All in all, it was a lovely halloween. Chiminea out front, friends over, candy...hmmm, how could you beat that?



No comments: