Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So, I'm a little late in updating my blog for this but...the girls had a special Mother's Day gift for me. And, as you know, in this family, gifts that are impossible to wrap are the best so without further ado...enjoy...



Tuesday, Madeline had a field trip to the Dallas Aquarium. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This place is amazing. I took mostly video since, as you can imagine, the place is filled with glass - off of which a flash bounces, therefore, hard to take a picture. However, this shot of the flamingoes is one of my favs just because of their coloring that really showed up nicely in shot.

I have about 20 little videos that I hope to splice together (I found out I have video editing software on my little computer here) and put to music when I have time. Be looking for that in the next 20 years or so. Hopefully I'll get it done soon but, my goodness, I've been REALLY busy here of late and it's not looking like it's going to slow down any time soon. EGADS!

Obviously, Mads and me at the aquarium.

Really, I can't say anything bad about that aquarium. I was totally enjoying myself thinking "this is actually a fun field trip" when we ran across the seahorses. Now, let me tell you, if we had gone to the aquarium and they told us that the only sea creatures available for viewing were the seahorses, I would have been just fine. Those things are amazing! I mean, really, have you ever gotten to see them in the sea? Me neither, but there they were in their semi-natural habitat just swimming around with their little tails all curled up and their little fins going so fast you can't even tell they're moving. What a creature! OK, rather than go on and on ad nauseum about these things, I'll put the video I shot of them on here. Enjoy!

Isn't that just the bees knees?

I highly suggest this place for anyone, young or experienced or experienced persons who want to take young ones on an adventure, this is THE place to do it.

Weather update...it just started POURING rain here. Hope it doesn't hail, tired of that already. Hope that video finishes loading before the power goes out....come on...come on....just flickered...come on...anytime now...yay! There it is!

No comments: