Monday, August 13, 2007

The Big 2!




Wow, Anna turns two today. Here's my yearly letter to her.


Dear Anna,


You turn two today. Wow, how time has flown. But, yet, it seems to creep by because I'm ready for you to go to school. I would be less than honest if I didn't say that. It's who I am, your mother, ready for you to be in school, learning about reading, writing and arithmetic, things I can't teach you.



But, until you get there, I can teach you some things. I can teach you to love life, help others, be happy, know that you won't always get your way - and, that's OK, know that God will always be there for you, you always have someone to go to for strength, patience and understanding in Him. You always have someone to cry to, laugh to, grumble to, let off steam to, tell your fears to in me (and God). I won't always take your side but I sure will listen to you. I can give you a hug, a tissue and a punching bag but I can't always make things better, but if I can, I will try my best.


You woke up this morning singing "e i e i o". You're so sweet when you're singing and you sing alot. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" is a favorite as is "Old McDonald" - well, the eieio part anyway. You like me to sing to you before you go to bed and say a prayer for you.






You're sleeping in a "big girl" bed now, much to my surprise. Your daddy said to let you decide when you wanted to sleep in it - we would keep the crib up until you were ready to make the change. It took moving the bunk beds into your room and you were ready that day. No more baby crib for you, you big girl.


You talk to where I can understand you but it's almost a language all your own. I'm ready for the real words, the words the world understands to see how your mind thinks. I already know you understand most everything we say. You seem very smart. I'm just waiting to see what comes out of your mouth besides "Sponge Bob" and "Hannah Montana" and "binkie" which you say VERY clearly.


I know you're going to grow up faster than I truly want, if I search my heart, and it sure is fun watching the milestones. Knowing there are just three more years to impart MY wisdom before others start imparting theirs makes me try to make the most of each day with you. Hug you one more time before you're too big, get one more kiss before you're too embarrassed, show you one more butterfly or one more "pidda" (your word for caterpiller) before they all fly away.






I love you, Anna, my little exclaimation point. You complete our family and I cannot imagine my life without you. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a sweet idea to do a letter. I love it. Happy Birthday to Anna!

Elaine