Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Birthday parades

Today we are having Sadie's birthday party. I say "having" because it's still going on. There are two girls spending the night, one has already gone home (she wasn't spending the night - no hostilities or good gossip there).

Before the birthday party, however, we participated in Arlington's Parade of Lights. How many girls get to participate in a parade as part of their birthday party? Not many, I'm thinking.

While we were walking to where we were to meet with our float, we came across this bevy of Elvi (plural, of course, of Elvis) and since the girls actually said, "oh, look, Elvis!" I asked if I could get the girls picture with them. They were very kind and said "yes" as evidenced by this picture. Sorry about my finger in the way.
This is Mads and Kolton on the ACA float. What a cute float it turned out to be.
From the parade, we took the 3 girls, Sadie and Anna with us to New Yorker Pizza and Pasta where they made their own pizzas then we went to Dollar Tree where each girl got $5 to spend and they shopped their hearts out.

This picture is of Anna "shushing" the girls because they were being loud. Get used to it, honey, it's only going to get worse.

Here are all the girls I'm sure singing some "Hannah Montana" song.
Sadie blowing out the candles on her "cheeseburger" birthday cake. It only looked like a cheeseburger, it tasted like delicious chocolate cake, how disappointing - NOT!
So now, they're playing "supermodel" or "project runway" or some such. I think they're expecting me to be the judge. I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments: