Sunday, February 17, 2008

St. Valentine's Day Dance

First things first. We FINALLY made it to the Apple Store. (After a flat tire on the way.) We even went to the one we were originally going to go to (mainly just so we could say it didn't get the best of us). Many people told me about a closer one and I appreciate the help but the reason we picked that one was because we could take the train and bus, etc. (and I think we all remember how that turned out). Anyway, I took a "workshop" for my Iphone (for those of you who don't know, I got one for Christmas - woohoo!- it's by far the coolest phone ever!). I didn't learn too much new stuff but a few things. I would like to take an "advanced" course. I already knew most of the basics and even chimed in when I didn't think the "prof" got specific enough or gave enough cool info. Imagine that.

So, this is what the Apple Store looks like...
Pretty wild, huh? The store is the coolest place. I even touched one of the new MacAir notebook computers. Very thin, very impressive. I see why people like Apple products. When I got finished with my class, the bottom fell out of the sky and it poured on us all the way to the car and all the way home. Freezing (not literally) rain, soaked to the skin and loving the fact that we just had to walk to the car, not a bus stop and wait in that miserable weather.

Then it was time to get ready for the Knights of Columbus Valentine's dance at church. A fun, delicious, dancing filled night. When we arrived at the church, this double rainbow was in the sky.

The second rainbow is to the right of the lamp post, very faint. It was more visible to the naked eye, obviously, but it was beautiful.
It was Sammy (my friend Sally's son) 21st birthday and his girlfriend rented a stretch Hummer limo. Here it is, delivering them to the dance.
Here is my sweetheart and I enjoying a night out on the town. We rode in a stretch ummm...nothing.
And here is our table of ladies, there were two gentlemen there, Conrad and Bill (Bill bought us all the boas).

What a lovely evening that was had by all. Conrad even won something this year, popcorn and a double feature movie, "Grumpy Old Men" and "Grumpier Old Men". Appropriate? I'll let you be the judge.

No comments: