Sunday, February 17, 2008

Father Joe's Birthday

This post has been a week in the making. Sorry it's so late. I just now remembered to send the pictures from my phone to my computer. Ooops~!

Last Sunday, we celebrated Father Joe's 75th birthday at all masses in one way or another. At the end of the 10:00 mass, Jim Sundberg and Steve Buchelle (both former Texas Rangers) came in and led the congregation in singing "Happy Birthday". Then, they presented Fr. Joe with several Texas Rangers items, including, but not limited to, a bobble head doll and the most coveted...

Jim Sundberg and Steve Buchelle

#75 jersey with Scantlin on the back. He put it over his robe and wore it back up to the altar to finish Mass. What a spirited moment in our church! Thank you, Michele, for making that happen. I think he really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO sorry I missed this! I really might have drug my flu-laden self out of bed to see it... ; (

Thanks for sharing the pics so I could sort of "see" it!!