Friday, August 29, 2008

Finally, a new update

Well internet friends and family, the time that I was fearing has come. My camera has stopped working. Conrad took it to Galveston with him and the girls last weekend and magically, it stopped working. I will let him work on it because he is a miracle worker and will probably fix it, even though he knows nothing about cameras (especially digital ones).

So, I will wait to post the few pics they got from the coast until next week. I think that when I post those it could be the end of pics until I get a new camera or this one fixed so I am delaying it. Please bear with me on that one.

In the meantime, odd news: I have actually applied for a job and it looks promising. This job is as the receptionist at the girls' school. While it's 2 years earlier than I anticipated, Conrad and I agreed that it is the perfect job for me because I will have the same hours/days as the girls and have summers off. In the meantime, finding a place for Anna was a scary idea.

I called my Mom when I heard about the job and asked her to pray for doors to be opened. In the back of my mind I kept seeing my friend Elaine's face and name and something (God) telling me to call her. Well, lo and behold, imagine this...God was right. She said "yes". Not just to keep her but to take her to school (her boys go to the same school) how wonderful is that? If that's not a "God opened door" I don't know what is. I can't imagine a more perfect scenario. Elaine if you're reading this...THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I know Anna will be in great hands and she is excited about going to "her friends'" house next week.

I will be doing this job this Tues. and Thurs. and then if I get the job, (not if - WHEN!!!) I will start the next Monday.

So, that's the big update from here. Again, I will keep you posted. And who knows, if I get the job, maybe I'll just buy myself a new camera. After all, you'll want to see me at my new gig, right?

No comments: