Wednesday, June 11, 2008

it was inevitable

This day has come in both my other daughters' lives so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when it came to Anna's. The self-haircut.

Let me start by saying that this morning, while getting ready to go, I noticed a "rat's nest" in the back of Anna's hair but figured she'd gotten gum or some piece of candy in there last night. I know, I already sound like such a good parent. Anyway... Going out the door, I noticed tendrils of Anna's hair and thought it was odd and then with the addition of the nest in the back, it was too much hair to think about. So, the girls were going to Susan's and of all my friends, I know Susan won't judge me for the rat's nest in my daughter's hair. In fact, she ended up giving her a bath and washing her hair and putting peanut butter, conditioner and other things I can't remember in there and combing it out. She had a ziploc bag full of her hair that had come out of her head. All I can figure is that she was cutting little chunks out and they didn't all fall out, like the ones laying on the living room floor and instead, tangled themselves up in her hair, creating the masterpiece "rat's nest".

No, I didn't take a pic of the rat's nest, however, I have these pics of her mullet in progress.


I'm not sure how we'll get her hair cut. I leave tomorrow to Seattle to see my baby boy graduate from high school. Conrad will have to deal with it or it will have to wait until I get back. I have a feeling it will still look like this or worse when I get home. Maybe we'll just leave it in a mullet.

No comments: