Sunday, June 07, 2009

So, I am way far behind in updating, I know. However, I'm going to start with the latest and greatest.




I'm not sure why the pics loaded the way they did, but we'll work with it. These are only a few of the pictures I took last night at the official first event of the new Cowboys Stadium... at the right is Conrad and Phillip approaching the stadium. Unlike most of the people who attended last night, we only had to deal with foot traffic. It took us maybe 5 minutes to walk there and there were many police persons along the way to help us safely cross streets. I thanked each one of them, personally.






Then, at the right someone offered to take our picture outside so I let him. Thank you, kind stranger.








This is the first glimpse I had of inside the stadium. Awesome sight.




The picture to the right is the first line I stood in for a t-shirt. They actually had one (and only one with all my requirements. It had to have: inaugural event, George Strait, cowboys stadium - in word or picture - and the date. The one they had had all of that. I should have taken a picture but I didn't think about it until just now. I'm wearing it.

Because it took me so long to get the t-shirt, I missed 1/2 of Lee Ann Womack, all of Blake Shelton and about 3 songs of Reba. She can flat sing, that Reba. This is a picture of her during her set.







And below is a picture of her in her encore performance of "Fancy" ( a personal favorite of mine - the song, not the dress, although the dress ROCKED!!)
At right is the picture of what $12 will get you. One very tasty margarita in a take-homable "cowboyrita" glass. But, shouldn't they have been called "cowboyrebas" just for the night?




OK, well the pics moved, the pic of Reba is now to the right of this writing.





Phillip and Lisa before George came out.









At right, Conrad and I before George hit the stage.





Here's George!!!!!











Thanks to the HUGE video boards in the stadium, it doesn't matter where you sit, you're face to face with whomever takes that stage.


















This is the video of George having us tell Jerry (Jones) to open the roof. It was AWESOME!!!!! You can see the roof opening, slowly. It takes 12 minutes for it to open fully. I hope the noise doesn't blow your speakers!


So you now saw the official first opening of the roof at an actual event. Don't you feel like you were there?
Other than the fact that it took so dang long to get the shirts and other stadium glitches, like no straws, and no forks and the fact that most places couldn't take credit cards because something went down, things that Jerry will have to fix and didn't really affect me since I ended up not being able to eat because I REFUSED to stand in another line and no one thought to get me anything to eat when they stood in line, I really had a great time.
The ABSOLUTE BEST PART: George Strait, himself, sang "The Chair" while my husband and I danced. You just can't beat something like that. It's a memory I'll have for a lifetime. Thanks, honey, for being so brave to go online and get tickets for us. You're the best!

No comments: