Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Nostalgia

DICLAIMER: THESE PHOTOS ARE TAKEN FROM MY T.V. SCREEN - NOT FROM THE INTERNET WHICH WOULD PROBABLY BE A LITTLE MORE LEGAL. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I may be blogging from "internet jail" for posting these pictures. I don't know the legalities of pictures but I did try to find this segment from Oprah on YouTube and couldn't so I just posted my pics.

Anyway, I happened to be in my room yesterday and the TV was on (suprise!) and who happened to be on Oprah? Only my favs from childhood, Donny and Marie! How many of you remember sitting around the TV on Friday nights watching them banter and sing? Oh, the glory days!

So, here is Marie, beautiful and trim as ever singing "Paper Roses" (another personal oldie favorite of mine).

Donny singing "Puppy Love". Oh, how I loved that song. I still have it on my Iphone. Well, I think I transferred it.
And the finale of "She's a little big country - He's a little bit rock and roll". Oh my.

Then they brought out over 100 Osmonds. Donny and Marie's parents had 9 children, they had 55 (those nine did) and now there are 48 grands (actually to Olive and Virgil - the parents - I guess they'd be great-grands) and still counting. I think one of the 55 said there would be 3 more by the time the show aired. Wow! And y'all think I have alot of children.

Anyway, it was a lovely reflective time. I remember sitting in my grandparents living room floor watching that show on many a Friday night. I don't know where Mom was, she must have been out partying to leave me at my Nonnie and Opper's house that often. OK, probably I begged to go over there but I like the idea of my mom out partying better - it's WAY funnier. Then the Sonny and Cher Show would come on...and immediately, the channel would change. Cher was just a bit too...too...I guess "much" would be the word for my grandparents. You know, showing all that bare midriff and all. Ah, the good ol' days.

So if you see bars on the blog for awhile, you know the I-net police came and got me. Someone sneak me in some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups during my incarceration, please!

No comments: