Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our Spring Break '08

Buckle up! It's gonna be a long blog. This is our Saturday through Wednesday of spring break at Nonnie's house.

Technically, it only goes to Tuesday afternoon since the battery on the camera ran out while we were at the park on Tuesday. But, you'll get the main highlights.

Friday night, I had all the intentions of getting up early on Saturday and hitting the road with a vengence. Well....Saturday morning comes in like a lamb and we all slept late for some much needed rest. As you all remember, Friday we had the "Jump Rope for Heart" festivities as well as getting out for Spring Break, etc. festivities to attend to so Saturday morning we were all moving very slowly. Plus, Conrad had a soccer game at 8:45 on Friday night so he wasn't for getting up early either. They won their game, by the way. Great way to start the season, Ducks!

We finally got on the road. We had sandwiches at the rest area in Van, Tx. then Anna drifted off until we got to Nonnies. When we got out of the car, this is how I found her. Her finger is caught in her hair. No telling how long she rode like that.
Since Saturday was our (Conrad and my) anniversary (11th, thank you for asking) my sister and brother-in-law treated us to dinner out, Macaroni Grill for us, thank you - very delicious. When we got back home, Nanny (my sister Pamela) and the girls were decorating eggs for the egg hunt to take place on Sunday.



Even Anna got in on the decorating. They decorated, I think, about 4 dozen eggs. Some were lost to the boiling process but we had plenty!

Sunday morning, we all got up and went to church at my Mom's church. The girls all got to wear their Easter dresses so I took pictures. Although I ususally don't show them in their Easter dresses until at least Easter day (usually it doesn't happen until Monday) I figured I'd go ahead and let you see the pictures.

Anna has her silly on.
Probably my favorite picture of all 3 of them.
Now, they all have their silly on.
Isn't Sadie growing up?
Madeline, too.

Since it was Palm Sunday, they were giving out palms to everyone to wave at "Jesus" as he entered the church. When Mom told me "Jesus" was going to be there, I said "you Methodists do have connections, don't you?".
The girls waiting to wave their palms.
Always the lady, Anna sure knows how to be patient!
Here's "Jesus".
Waving the palms.

Now, on to the Easter egg hunt. Anna got to go first. She had to have a little help, but once she got the hang of it, she was all in.



And, then it was Madeline and Sadie's turn.

Not all the eggs were hidden too hard. This one, however, was one of the last ones found.


About a week after Easter, in Cajun country, you "pock" eggs. Since we had to speed everything up, we did it after the hunt.

Pocking eggs is when you take two Easter eggs and tap them together until one of them breaks. The egg that is still intact after the pocking is the winner. You continue on in this manner until they are all broken and one egg is declared the winner. Then (if you were at my sister's house) you would take all the eggs outside and, one by one, toss them in to the cow pasture. However, since we were "in the city", they were disposed of in several manners. Some were eaten, some were dropped and some were eventually just thrown away.
On Monday morning, we went down to the Boardwalk. It was all bedecked for Easter.

While shopping for an outfit, Anna found some shades.
We rode the merry-go-round. Madeline let Anna ride with her (how sweet!).
Then off to have some lunch. I will always hold on to this pictures so that when Anna says "my sisters don't love me" I can show her that, at one time, they did.



We went to Sonic located in "Bass Pro Shop". Anna walked around like this almost the whole time.
We went to Target to get a couple of new games so that on Tuesday, when it was supposed to rain all day, we would have something besides TV to keep us amused. They couldn't wait until Tuesday to play "Go Fishin'"
I, of course, couldn't resist the "crack" picture of Anna.
Tuesday, we went to see "Horton Hears A Who". Very cute movie, although I don't understand the choice of song at the end (if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about - do you get it? If you haven't seen it and do, please let me know if you get it). I thought (other than the song) it was a great movie version of a Dr. Seuss book.
And, since it did NOT rain, we went to the park. We fed the ducks and played on all the equipment. I am using "we" in the royal sense of the word. I personally took pictures, swung Anna and sat and chatted with Mom until the wind got too bad and she went and got in the car.


This was when my camera died. I had no way of recharging the batteries at Mom's house so we just had to go with the flow. I do have a few more pictures that I took on my Iphone that I will put on her for tomorrow for your enjoyment. I think these will keep you busy enough for today.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that picture of the 3 girls walking together!! That is priceless!