Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My first meme

My friend Elaine (here's her blog) "tagged me to do a meme. I don't know what one is and I don't know how to pronounce it. But, I am supposed to give you 7 random or whatever facts about myself and then "tag" 7 other people with blogs to do it.

OK, you'll get the 7 random facts but I would have to go find 7 more blogs to "tag" and I'm just not up to that right now. I only read 4 faithfully and one of those is Elaine's. So, unfortunately it will end with me but here's my 7 random facts:

1. Wow, I am having trouble with the first one. I thought this would come easily. Hmmmm....

I am crafty. I love crafting most anything. Beads, painting, scrapbooking (a favorite of mine at present) flowers, wreaths, you name it, I'll craft it.

2. OK, that went well. Let's see...

I write my blog like I talk. Not too random but I notice it and people tell me that alot.

3. I like to think that if I won the lottery that I wouldn't change. I'd just be able to give more. And, I would take immense pleasure in giving secretly, like a secret pal thing. You hear a need, you get to help out. How fun would that be? OK, there would be some selfish stuff like paying off bills, building on to the house, a new truck for Conrad and money to family (y'all like that dontcha?) but for the most part, I'd like to be able to just be able to give when I see a need. Oh, and I'd have really cute shoes.

That's not really a fact, just a belief I have. Wonder if that counts? Heck, sure it does.

4. I will not dry a load of clothes unless I have a dryer sheet in there. I hate static cling and hate being shocked doing laundry. I don't much like doing it to begin with and being shocked while doing it is just rude.

5. I love the smell of gardenias. Wish I had a garden full of gardenia bushes.

6. I hate stale bread. Life is too short for stale bread. Rarely does bread go stale in my house but if it does, I won't eat a sandwich with it.

7. Almost done...Let's see...random...or not...anything?...I love pens. Call me a penaholic. I love to try new pens and my personal favs are classic Bic sticks and Papermate's World's smoothest writing pen. LOVE THOSE!!!!!

OK, there's your random facts about me.

Now, here's a story about Madeline.

Last night Sadie and Mads were playing outside and Conrad and I were in our room (not doing anything) and Sadie comes in (see, we really weren't) and says that Madeline has said something about kicking someone's a*%. Now, I am shocked to hear that Madeline was the first to say a curse word but I DO NOT PANIC. I ask Sadie to get Madeine in here on the double (she had to go to the bathroom first but did immediately thereafter). I told Madeline we do not use words like that in this house and had her go to her room and think of a better way to say what she said. When she did, she could come out.

I went into the kitchen and she followed. I asked her how she could have better said that and she said "I will kick your bottom". Well, I guess that was better. Then I remembered something Chris Rock's mom said on some show I watched. She has raised 17 kids (hers and foster kids) and when asked what she does when one of them curses, she said something to the effect of they talk about it and take a tissue and wipe the word out of their mouth. I liked that. So, I took a napkin and had Mads open her mouth and we wiped that a*% right out of there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for doing the meme - very good! I LOVE the smell of gardenias too! Oh it's so wonderful!!