Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! This was our living room this morning before the festivities.

Anna got up about 6:30 this morning and my mother (who is sleeping in Anna's room) got her up then brought her to me then acted as if she were going back to bed. Well, pardon me, but, #1 Anna doesn't go back to sleep so we're up. Which brings us to #2 it's CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!! That means whenever the first kid gets up, all bets are off, everyone has to get up, it's TIME!!!! I will admit that, on Christmas morning, if children sleep any past about 7 am I think there is something wrong with them.
First things first. We read the story of Jesus' birth out of the gospel of Luke. Then we say a prayer. I think Madeline missed the point this morning when she prayed "Dear Santa, thank you for all the presents. Amen".

Sadie reading the note left from Santa. It read "Dear Sadie and Madeline, I brought this for you to share when you go on picnics. Maybe when Anna gets bigger, she can share it with you, too. Love, Santa P.S. The cookies were delicious.


Anna gets the hang of her new toy, albeit backwards.Just in case you were wondering, this is what happened to the gingerbread house. They probably had just as much fun tearing it down as they did building it. The did try to eat it but I don't think it tasted very good.

Again, Merry Christmas. I hope yours was as lovely and family centered as ours.

No comments: