Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A bird in the hand...

Conrad called me this afternoon. He came home before I did and when I answered he said "Can you tell me why there is a bird in the house?" I said "What did you say?" He repeated his question and I, of course, thought "well, the cats drug it in" and said that to him. He said "Well, this one is flying around". I was incredulous. A bird flying around a house with 3 cats in it? Unheard of. I thought it wouldn't be flying around for long.

Then I asked the obvious question "You are going to take a picture of this aren't you? If ever there was a blog-worthy thing, this is it". This picture is courtesy of him.


He said when he got home, Rosie was sitting up on the fish tank with the bird and when he saw Conrad acted like he was embarrassed to be seen with the bird and quickly got down, bird unharmed.


The first time the bird flew, it scared me to death. I was hoping I had caught it on video, me screaming like a little girl, but alas, I had not.
My husband, St. Francis, somehow managed to coax the bird...you'll see.

I know it seems hard to believe, but it is true. And, I truly have NO idea how this bird came to be in our house. None of the doors have been open an inordinate amount of time, and it wasn't harmed enough for the cats to have dragged it in but for lack of any other reason, I'm going with the cats. It obviously happened while we were away as I KNOW there was NO bird in the house when I left. I know that beyond a reasonable doubt.


Chirp, chirp!


No comments: