Sunday, July 01, 2007

Vacation day three

Day Three. Pike's Peak. Wow.

Here we all are riding the cog railway up the mountain. This was before I drank my entire bottle of water at my Aunt's suggestion so I wouldn't feel the effects of altitude sickness as greatly as people who don't. This was when I was still lovin' life, all was well with the world. This was before I thought my bladder would burst right out of my belly sending streams of digested water out onto the other passengers unaware of my discomfort. I actually tried to get our hostess' attention to see if it were perhaps possible to stop this train so I could get off and pee right there on the side of the mountain with everyone looking at me. And I just DO NOT pee without benefit of plumbing and paper.
Frankly, I don't know if I had altitude sickness or not. By the time we got up to the top of the mountain, it was everything I could do just to make it to the bathroom in time. I must have had floating eyeballs because the sweet, precious lady in front of me let me go before her. How kind she was. I must have peed for 5 minutes. Blessed relief. Ahhhhh...

Aaron on the cog railway, also during my happier times.
The view at some point in the trip. I think the city behind all those mountains that look like hills is Colorado City.
If you enlarge this picture you will see on the topmost patch of white (snow) some mountain goats, deer, something frolicking. This was at the height of my little problem and I basically cried at Conrad "take a picture of the animals out there". I couldn't even talk at that point. And, I was upset that I wasn't enjoying this part of the trip.

So, there you have it. Day Three. Tune in tomorrow to see what we do then~!

No comments: