Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day '07

So, this morning, Anna woke up at 5:55 am, Sadie did too and decided to take a shower. While she was in the shower I decided to turn on the TV and see what was shakin'. To my surprise, I see that ISDs are closing. I turned to Conrad and said "why in the world are they closing schools"? "Please don't let ACA be closed today." He says "why"? I told him that it doesn't affect his day at all when the kids are home but it completely messes mine up. I had things I needed to get done today. Having Anna with me was going to be a pain, having all three was really going to be a problem.

See, Uncle Ernie is moving from the assisted living side of Arlington Villa to the nursing side. The upside is that he and Aunt Betty can now live out their days together (well, I see that as an upside, anyway). The downside is that I had to go do "inventory" today. Have you ever been in a...oh say 20X20 room with 3 children with energy to spare and a relatively grumpy old man? It's not fun. It's not pretty. It's not something I did. I ended up getting the girl next door to babysit. I know my limits, I'm not stupid.

He should be moving tomorrow or Friday. He's actually more OK with this than I thought he would be. I'm proud of him.

OK, back to snow day...

Look at all the snow!
Madeline and Sadie "sledding" down Ruth's hill. I don't think they get that sledding is done without the aid of "propulsion". Is that a word? I mean to say someone pushing you down the hill. You should just be able to slide down with no help. There, get it now?
More propulsing...propelling?
Look at 'em. They look like they like each other. I have to say this is a set up shot. Now that I'm scrapbooking (new addiction) I'm looking for shots to scrapbook. Like I didn't take enough pictures before...please! See their footprints behind them? I had to look long and hard for a place that was footprint free to get that. I feel like a sell-out, I'm so ashamed.

This video is just the sledding downhill in action (for those of you without benefit of video).



No comments: