Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day Tea

A second update today.

Madeline's class invited the mothers to come have tea today. They sang a song and read their "Odes" to their mothers. I'm not sure if that's the right term or not. You can decide, here is Madeline's.




The actual words were - in case you couldn't hear: "Mom I love you for so many reasons...you are nice. You snuggle with me. You are fun. You never lie to me. I appreciate you."



I had asked her before when she told me they were going to sing a song if I was going to cry. She said, "well, pretty much". The song didn't get me but the "Ode" did.



Then we had cake and "tea" (apple juice for me). The Mrs. Marshall handed us our "babies".



They put sand in a bag that weighed what the kids did when they were born. Then they put legs and arms and a face on them. Madeline's face is crying. I'm not sure why. But, I gotta tell you, sand is alot heavier than babies are.

It was a really nice afternoon. Thank you Kindergarten and Mrs. Marshall.

And, Happy Birthday to my former Mother-in-Law, Anne. I'm not sure that she reads this but if she does...yep, I remember!

No comments: