Friday, June 09, 2006

Bathing beauties

First activity after getting out of school? Swimming, of course. This picture was actually taken yesterday. This is as active as Madeline got. Not too long after this picture was taken I laid down to rest and Madeline soon joined me. She fell fast asleep. She got up once and came into the room I was in completely naked (she was naked, not me) and I asked her what she was doing. She said she was going to get some clothes on. That's the last time I saw her awake. All her plans...movies, roasting marshmallows, flashlight tag, staying up all night...gone. She slept through the whole thing. I took her temp. at one point and it was 100. I felt so bad for her. When she got up this morning she still had a fever but didn't feel too bad. We had plans to go to a little waterpark with some friends and they said they would take Sadie since Madeline, and now I, couldn't go. I told Sadie and in a very uncharachteristic show of sisterhood she said she wouldn't go since Madeline couldn't.

So last night, Sadie stayed up until midnight, played flashlight tag and celebrated her independence from school with all the neighborhood kids and others. We had a great time (except the worrying about Madeline).

So tomorrow (Saturday) we're going to Shreveport. The neighborhood I grew up in (Cherokee Park) is having a reunion of people who lived there in the 70's and 80's. I'm so excited. I will take lots of pics and post them on Sunday.

No comments: