Friday, June 02, 2006

feeling poor?

OK, do you know what this is? This is the very item that when I put it in my basket I felt rich. Rich as in I had money. How many people do you know that have a flyswatter that on one side is a big blue flower?

Now, I will explain to you that I paid one dollar for this item. Have you ever been to the Dollar Tree? It's a true dollar store in that EVERYTHING IS ONE DOLLAR. Not a dollar store where pretty much nothing is a dolllar. I feel very wealthy in that store because no matter where I am in that store, no matter what aisle, no matter how far back or how close to the front, I can (if I have at least four quarters and 8 pennies) afford anything I can see. Maybe not all of it, and let's face it, who wants all of it? Where would we put it? But, if I can see it there, I can pretty much afford it. Who doesn't have a dollar's worth of change jinglin' in the bottom of their purse or pocket? It's pretty far from my house which, I think, is a good thing. But trips there are very fun.

Back to the flyswater...we sit outside in the warm weather, my neighbors and I, and often a fly will decide we are a delicacy indeed and land on us and bite us incessantly. Well, now we can put a stop to it! And in style! I am looking forward to the first evening out with my new fancy flyswatter. It'll probably keep mosquitos away, too! Oh the possibilities! Bring on the critters...I ready!

No comments: