Sunday, June 25, 2006

"The Wall"

The traveling Vietnam War Memorial Wall was in Arlington this weekend. I saw the preparations for it's arrival on Tues. morning. There was alot of police and motorcycles and American Flags. When I said alot of motorcycles I mean as far as the eye could see. I was amazed.
This will give you an idea of the size of the wall. It is very big. It's about 3/4 the size of the real one.
This is my brother-in-law Paul's finger pointing to a fallen friend's name. Paul is a Vietnam Veteran.
When I took this picture inside my head a voice said "put this picture on the blog". I don't know why but maybe it will mean something to someone. I hope it does.
I don't know if you can read this but if you can it's a moving story. If you can enlarge it to read it, it's worth the trouble. If not, I'll try to copy it into a regular e-mail if you're interested. Just let me know.
This is a picture of some people finding a name they are looking for but also of things people have left as memorials.

There is a sign when you are entering the memorial that says it is Sacred Ground. I feel priviledged to have been there today. It is a sight to see and if you were able to go, great. If not, I'm sorry you missed it.

No comments: